Column Design, United States Post Office, Ft. Worth, Texas ©2017 Greg Kopriva
- Brainstorm passionate topics, messages that you wish to convey, subjects that you would like to photograph and techniques you would like to incorporate.
- Shoot pictures every day to develop your skills as a fine art photographer and to build your collection.
- Practice composition taking into account what makes a picture appealing and interesting.
- Be patient and persistent; develop your artistic skills by learning new skills and techniques.
- Add an artist statement as it helps the viewers figure out what the artist intended to create and how they created that work. Make this statement artistic too!
- Build or develop a technique for yourself as you will need to build a portfolio that has a coherent style.
- Bring your vision to life, do not worry about what others will think.
- Abstract your photograph; that doesn’t mean making your photograph unrecognizable, but to make it simple by removing unwanted details and keeping important information.
Tips from Lightstalking.com